You will need to sign up for a new Hotmail account. If you are having a Microsoft account created for any of the web-based services offered by Microsoft like Windows Live, Skype, Xbox Live, etc., then you can make use of that username and password to sign into Hotmail and to start sending and receiving messages. If not, it is very important to create a Hotmail email account first.
- 1 Hotmail Sign up
- 2 Create Hotmail Email Account
- 3 How to easily Sign into Hotmail?
- 4 Benefits of Using a Hotmail Account
- 5 Hotmail Tools
- 6 Hotmail vs Outlook
- 7 Activate 2-Step Verification
- 8 How to Delete Hotmail Account?
Hotmail Sign up
You are also provided with the option of using any of the email addresses of Gmail or Yahoo as the username for your new Hotmail account. This is a very useful option for people who do not like to remember a lot of usernames for their different accounts. Even the password that you have used to create an account in other free web based email services can be used at Outlook.com or new Hotmail account. But, it is recommended that you create a different password for different web-based services in order to prevent account hacking.
- The uses of Hotmail sign up
With the Hotmail sign up, you are free to open a new web-based email service account online that can be used to send and receive emails. You can use it for business purposes or for personal use to be connected with your family, friends, and relatives located anywhere in the world. Through the Hotmail, you will be able to send photos, website links, attach documents, etc. The Microsoft Outlook is not just a free email application, but offers a host of other things like web browsing, calendar, contact manager, task manager, journal, and note taking. You have the option of unlimited storage space and hence there is no need to delete any of the messages that come to your inbox. Through this account, you can stay connected with your friends and family on Skype, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media platforms without needing to sign in individually on these sites. You can save the contact lists in an address book for easy and quick reference. With the inbuilt search option, it is very easy to find emails that are stored in your inbox.
Create Hotmail Email Account
- Launch the web browser on your computer and type hotmail.com in the address bar. You will be instantly directed to Microsoft account sign in page.
- You can even get access to the Hotmail account creation page by typing msn.com the address bar of the web browser. On the MSN homepage, locate the Outlook.com option and click on it. You will be directed to the Microsoft Account sign-in and create account page.
- Look for “No account? Create one!” option that is seen below the Next option and click on it. You will now be directed to the Microsoft account creation page.
- You will see a long, but simple sign-up form on your computer screen. All details asked in this form needs to be filled in correctly in order to create the Microsoft account.
- The first field is the space to key in your first and the last name. There are two separate boxes for these. Enter the first name and the last name in the respective boxes.
- The third field is for the username. This is your permanent email id or address and hence make use of a suitable username that you like. As you are looking to create a Hotmail account, you need to key in your username followed by @hotmail.com option. It will be seen like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the username name field is filled, move on to the 4th field which is for the password. It is very important to key in a strong password that has more than 8 characters. It is advisable to create a password that has lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers and some symbols so that it is strong and cannot be hacked easily.
- The next field asks you to re-enter the new password that you have just keyed in. This is for security purpose just to confirm that you are a human looking to create a Microsoft account. Make sure you enter the password in the box provided exactly the same way you created the password. This is a must to proceed further into the account creation.
- Middle steps involved in account creation
The next few fields that you would be asked to enter in the account creation form would be personal details.
- Once the username and the password are created and entered in the form, move on to the next field that asks for the country or region. Choose your respective country from the drop down menu provided in the box.
- After the country, the next field is to key in your birthday details. You can choose the month of your birth from the drop down menu followed by the date of your birth and then the year of your birth. Make sure that you choose the correct date of birth when you are signing up.
- The next field after the date of birth is the gender. Choose the male or the female from the drop down option. If you do not like to specify the gender, then you have the option of choosing the ‘not specified’ option.
- Final stages of Hotmail account creation
After all the personal details have been keyed in, you will be asked to enter your alternate email address or your phone number in order to keep your Microsoft account safe and secure.
- If you have chosen the phone number option, you will first be asked to enter your country code. Choose the respective country code from the drop down menu by clicking the correct option.
- The next option is for the mobile phone number. Make sure that you key in the correct phone number as you will be contacted by Microsoft on this phone for account recovery or for any other information sharing.
- The final step in the Hotmail account creation process is to enter the CAPTCHA code that is shown on the screen. This is to make sure that you are a real person and not a robot looking to create an account.
- If the CAPTCHA code that you see on the screen cannot be read, you have the option to change the code by clicking on the ‘New’ option next to the code. Once done, a new code will appear on the screen.
- You also have the option of choosing the Audio option wherein the CAPTCHA code characters will be read out.
- Finally, click on the ‘Create Account’ option seen on the bottom of the sign-up form page to complete the Hotmail account creation.
How to easily Sign into Hotmail?
Hotmail sign in is a simple process if you have a Hotmail username and password. You will get instant access to the emails when you sign in using this information.
- To do Hotmail sign in, you need to either go the homepage of Hotmail at http://hotmail.com or http://outlook.com.
- You can find the sign-up or sign-in option here.
- Click on sign in if you already have a Hotmail account created. You have to enter your Hotmail username or email ID in the first box provided in the sign in page.
- Enter your Hotmail password in the second box. Remember that the password is case sensitive and hence enter the password exactly as you entered while creating the account.
- You can complete the sign in procedure by clicking on the sign in button below the boxes. If you are giving the correct username and password, you will get signed on instantly.
Any incorrect information entered in the boxes will result in a message stating the exact problem.
If you do not have a Hotmail account, you need to create one before trying the Hotmail sign on. You can also use the Microsoft account which you use to sign-in for Windows PC, tablet, Outlook.com, Windows Phone or Xbox Live to sign in to your Hotmail account. To create a new account, go to the create account page of Hotmail and provide the needed information like your name, username you want to use, password for your account, country where you are residing, your birth date, etc.
If you do not want to enter your Hotmail username or password every time you want to get access to your Hotmail account, you can make use of the option “ keep me signed in” at the sign-in page below the password box. If you keep this option clicked on, Hotmail will directly take the user to the emails skipping the sign-in process. Use this option only on your personal devices due to security reasons.
- Hotmail sign in on android devices
If you are looking to sign into Hotmail account using your Android smart phones and tablets, then you should have the Hotmail app installed on your phone. If the phone or tablet does not have the Outlook app, then you can easily download from the Google Play Store and get it installed.
- Look for the Google Play Store app on your Android device and tap on it.
- Once you are inside the Play Store app, tap in the search icon and type Microsoft Outlook and click on the search icon.
- The device will come out with a list of details. Look for Outlook symbol and then tap on it.
- You will be taken to the Outlook app main page. Here, locate “install” option and tap on it.
- The Microsoft Outlook email app will get downloaded and then installed on your device.
- Once the installation is complete. Search for the Outlook app on your home screen or in the Apps section and then tap on the Outlook icon.
- Since you are using the app for the very first time on your device, you will be asked to enter your email address and password.
- Key in the email address or username and the respective password in the respective boxes and then tap on sign in to get access to the Hotmail inbox.
- Setting up and signing in to Hotmail account on iOS
It is very important to first check whether or not the iOS device that you are using to access the Hotmail to have the Outlook mail app downloaded in it. If the app is not downloaded, then setting up a Hotmail account on the iOS device will not be possible. The app will be seen on the home screen or the App section of your device. If it is not there, then you need to first download and install the updated version of the Outlook mail app to get access to Hotmail inbox on iOS.
Visit the iTunes app store on your iOS device and search for the Outlook mail app. Search for the same in the search option and tap on the Outlook.com results that you see on the screen. You will be directed to the Outlook mail app home page. Find the install option and tap on it. The app will automatically get downloaded and then installed on the iOS devices.
The following are the steps involved to setup Hotmail account or the new look Outlook.com account on your iOS devices.
Step1: On the iOS device, go to the settings option that is on the main menu. From there, look for mail option and tap on it. Then, look for the Accounts option and tap on it. Next, locate the ‘add account’ option and tap on it.
Step 2: You will find the Outlook.com option in the ‘add account’ sub folder. Tap on it. Since Hotmail has moved on to Outlook.com, you will have to use this option to sign into Hotmail.
Step 3: Once you tap the Outlook.com app, you will be taken to the login page as you are accessing this app for the first time on the iOS device. Enter your email address that ends with @hotmail.com in the space provided and then tap on the Next option.
Step 4: You will be taken to the enter password page. Here, key in the password for the email address that you have provided in the earlier step. Once done, tap on the sign in option.
Step 5: You will now be asked to tap yes, if you want to give iOS the permission to access your data. Please tap on the Yes option to move forward.
Step 6: The next option is to choose the data that you would like to have access on the iOS devices. You can choose to sync your contacts, email, calendar and reminder with Hotmail. All the options will be turned on by default. If you would like to turn off some options, just tap on those options. Finally, click on the ‘save’ option.
Now, you will be able to check your Hotmail inbox on your iOS devices.
Benefits of Using a Hotmail Account
Hotmail offers great features and benefits to their account users. Though the Hotmail accounts have been moved to the new domain from Microsoft, Outlook.com, the Hotmail users can still use the Hotmail log-in credentials to access the mails and use the different features offered. Here are the general benefits offered by Hotmail.
- General benefits of using Hotmail account
Hotmail offers a choice of domain name extensions to the user. Using Hotmail for sending and receiving mails is a cheaper option as the service is free. Moreover, the Hotmail offers a simple interface which enables even the novice to computers to use it for their mailing needs. Hotmail uses an open web-based technology and hence there is no need to use configured programs to access the emails. All the user needs is a web browser to access their account. It is very easy to send and receive attachments along with the mails when you are using a Hotmail account. With the migration of Hotmail at outlook.com, the users are enjoying enhanced security. Scanning and locating the viruses, preventing phishing attempts and spam has become easier with the migration. It is possible to make fast searches for emails with Hotmail account. The POP access provided to individual users is very convenient. Apart from these general benefits offered by Hotmail, there are many specific features that make a Hotmail account convenient and secure for users.
- Ability to create personal folders
This feature benefits the user when they want to search for a particular mail. The user will be able to group the emails and arrange them in personal folders so that it is easy to identify when needed.
Offers support for Microsoft office
Hotmail offers direct support to Microsoft office and better file compatibility than Gmail. Word documents can be opened using SkyDrive and it can be edited easily. Any document can be easily downloaded, edited and uploaded to the cloud again or can be sent again in original format using Hotmail.
Create an alias in Hotmail
Go to the top right, where your Hotmail account profile name appears. Then click on view account. A new window will open where you should click on “Your information” next to the account at the top left. Then we click on the option “Manage login email or phone number” and there we can create a maximum of 10 aliases in Hotmail.
In some cases you are asked to verify the account with a text message in order to use this option. It is possible to create aliases for users of Outlook and Hotmail using Outlook account. When using Microsoft devices different email names will be shown when the user has created aliases. People who need more than one email address for different needs can use the aliases. There is no need for the user to create a different email ID using a different username and password. All the alias addresses are accessible through a single password.
- Use of social media accounts
Hotmail allows the use of social media accounts so that the users can socialize with friends and others using social media like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, etc. The user will be able to send notifications of events or special days to the people in their contact list in social sites. Hotmail offers a personal calendar which can be used to save important dates.
- Active sync
Hotmail through outlook.com up gradation offers support for the exchange active sync feature. This is a program which allows the corporate users to sync mail, contact and calendar.
Microsoft offers integration of Skype to outlook and hence all the Hotmail users will be able to make easy connections with friends using Skype. The user will be able to use chat and video option to communicate with friends through Skype.
- Easy sharing of files
The SkyDrive feature of the Hotmail enables the user to connect to the internet and start using it from any location. The user will get 10GB data storage facility and easy access to this data from any place. It is possible to share document files and videos with the people in contact list using this special feature.
- Use of web apps
The Hotmail users can use different web apps for office purposes without installing the program on the device. The needed web apps can be accessed online and can be used for different job needs.
By logging into Hotmail account, you will be able to use different Hotmail tools. The important tools offered by Hotmail are:
- Mail service
This allows users to send and receive emails free of cost.
This tool allows the users to manage their appointments easily. User can create alarms for important dates and events using mobile phones, so that the user will be aware of the appointments even when they are on the move.
The Hotmail users can manage their contacts using this tool. They can create, delete or edit the contact lists whenever needed.
With this tool the user will be able to store 5GB data in the cloud so that the data is accessible from any location.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
This includes the office package from Microsoft which allows the user to create, edit and open documents.
This instant messaging service from Microsoft allows the user to make voice calls and video calls from Hotmail inbox.
The web browser from Microsoft to make web searches easy.
This tool is a news portal which offers information on entertainment, travel, sports, health, lifestyle, finance, etc.
Hotmail vs Outlook
Hotmail has gone through a lot of transitions since Microsoft took it over and finally, it was integrated with Outlook.com. The Outlook is loaded with a host of features and is more useful with access to plenty of other applications from the inbox. The Hotmail was a tool just to read or send email messages. The users get access to check out Skype, Facebook, Twitter and Google account through their Outlook inbox without needing to open new web pages to access these social media accounts.
The following are some of the comparisons of the two email services.
Hotmail is not an email service now. It is integrated with the Outlook.com email service. Users who have a Hotmail account can still access their inbox by logging in with their very old Hotmail email address and password in the Outlook.com sign in page. Even the live.com, msn.com account holders can access their accounts only through Outlook.com. All services have been merged into Outlook.com. If you are particular that you need to create a new email account with Hotmail domain, then you have the liberty to do so through the sign-up page of Outlook.com. The Outlook email service was designed to offer a clear and easy to use email interface with great aesthetic appeal. Microsoft has taken care of the clutter and previous issues in the new Outlook version. It is devoid of tabs and looks very clear and organized.
As both Hotmail and Outlook has merged into a single entity, both of them now have decent and identical security features. The multi-factor authentication process is a very important security tool that every user must use in order to keep his inbox safe and secure from the hackers. By using this security feature, you will need to enter another code or password that Microsoft provides you from time to time on your mobile phone to gain access to the Hotmail or Outlook inbox. Some of the other interesting security features on offer in the Outlook.com 2016 version are email encryption, advanced file encryption, special admin features and visual documents right management. There is an option for the users to create self-protecting documents through the Enterprise Mobility Suite rights management. There is also the option of sending links to the attachments instead of sending important files and documents through the mail. This makes the transaction of information highly secure.
Outlook.com offers you close to unlimited storage space for every email account that you open. The storage space offered by Hotmail was limited. Now with Hotmail is integrating into Outlook, you can also enjoy unlimited storage space. What this means is that you do not have to delete any of your inbox messages for your lifetime. This gives you the option to retrieve any message in your inbox at any time. The attachments that you send to your receivers can be up to 100MB. This means that large files can be sent through Outlook and this was not possible when you had the Hotmail email service.
Organized Hotmail inbox
There are several options offered by Outlook to keep the inbox organized. The cluttered inbox that you experienced when using Hotmail is a thing of the past and the new Outlook.com inbox is clutter free and clean. All the emails that you receive in your inbox are sorted into the folders. These folders are very easy to access and finding emails will not be an issue at all. There is also a search option offered on top of the Hotmail inbox for users to search for the emails that they want. This will give you freedom from browsing through pages and pages of emails to find a particular email that came a year ago. You have the option of dragging and dropping the emails from one folder to the other as and when you wish. The Outlook email service offers you the option of using categories to assign the emails that you receive. All promotional emails can be put in the promotional category. You can also create a work category, where every email related to work gets deposited. This will give you quick and easy access to your important emails. There is a “Quick View” option offered that will allow you to get a glance of what is inside the email that you receive.
The other differences that you can spot between Outlook and Hotmail are as follows:
- Hotmail is an older version and has been discarded now. The Outlook is a new upgraded version of the Hotmail and is far better than the Hotmail.
- The outlook is the original email client service offered by Microsoft. Hotmail was acquired by Microsoft from its founders Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith.
- Hotmail is just a domain name and Outlook can perform as a Microsoft Exchange server or as a standalone application.
- Hotmail is just a web-based webmail client, whereas Outlook can perform as a desktop email client as well.
There is no doubt that Outlook is far better than what the Hotmail was. As Hotmail is not around anymore, Outlook is the way to go from now on. The best part is that all Hotmail users are provided an option to access their Hotmail inbox through the Outlook email service and that too without changing into a new account.
Activate 2-Step Verification
- Access the Security Settings option of your Hotmail account.
- Once you are in the inbox, you just need to click on your name in the top right corner to get the Account settings option. Click on it.
- Locate the two-step verification link and click on it.
- Then click on the Next option.
- Setting up an account that is connected to a mobile device like Android, Windows Phone or iOS is done better by choosing an app from the drop down menu.
- Choose the device that you are using and then opt for the Next option.
- Now follow the instructions that are offered for the various devices.
It is very important to keep the data and the fields and folders in your Hotmail inbox safe and secure on the internet. There is a growing concern among email users about the security of their Hotmail and other email accounts because of the fast strides that hackers and internet fraudsters are taking to easily access and get into each and every email account. In order to keep the email account safe and secure, Hotmail is offering the two-step verification option. This is an optional security feature offered for users to enjoy an added protection to their email account. Apart from the single password verification to access Hotmail inbox, the two-step verification will ask you for another extra code to enter to gain access to the inbox. This means that hackers who have access to your Hotmail email address and password will not be able to enter your inbox because they do not have the verification code with them. This code will be sent to your mobile phone by Microsoft whenever you are looking to sign in to the Hotmail email service.
Even if your email address and password are compromised, it is not easy for any hacker to crack the verification code as it is a one-off code that is sent to your phone number every time you are logging into your Hotmail inbox. You can be doubly sure that your Hotmail account cannot be easily compromised by activating the 2-step verification or two-factor authentication for your account.
- How to activate Hotmail 2-step verification on various devices?
The setting up of the two-step verification for Hotmail using the new Outlook email service is not a difficult task. By activating this feature, you can prevent unauthorized access to the Hotmail inbox. The setting up of the two-factor authentication can be done using your email address or the phone number. But, it is recommended that you make use of the authenticator app to set up the verification process, especially if you are using the Smartphone.
For Android devices
- Download and install the Microsoft account app and then launch the app on your device.
- Look for the set up now option and tap on it.
- Enter the sign-in details of your Hotmail account that you would like to activate the verification code and then tap on the Next option.
- Finally, tap Finish to complete.
For iOS devices
- Install the authenticator app and launch it on your iOS device.
- Tap on the scan QR code option to pair your iOS device.
- Type the code generated on your device and then tap on the Next option.
- Click Next option and finally the Finish button to set up the two-step verification for iOS devices.
For Windows phone
- Look for the two-step verification authenticator app for Windows app and install it on the phone.
- Once done, tap on the app to launch it.
- At the home page of the Microsoft Authenticator app, look for the “+” option at the bottom of the page to add a new account.
- Tap on the camera button that you see on the bottom of the screen and then scan the barcode to pair the device.
- Type the code generated by the authenticator app in the space provided and then tap the ‘Next’ option.
- Set up 2-step verification using phone number
- Sign into the Hotmail inbox and then click your name that is seen on the top right corner of the inbox.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the ‘Account Settings’ option and click on it.
- Locate the set-up two-step verification option and click on it.
- Choose the phone number option from the drop-down menu and then enter the phone number details in the specified boxes. You will be asked to choose a country or region phone code from the drop down menu list. Then you will be asked to enter your mobile phone number. Make sure you enter an active and in use mobile number.
- You will be asked to choose an option as to how you want to receive the phone information. The options will be through text or by a phone call. Choose the appropriate option and then click the Next button.
- You will receive a code on your mobile phone. Enter that code in the space provided and then click Next option.
- Click the Next option again and then finally the finish option to complete the set-up of 2-step verification using the phone number.
- Two-step verification sign in
Once you have activated the 2-step verification of your Hotmail account, you will be asked to enter the verification code apart from your password to get into the Hotmail inbox. The security code will be sent to your phone number that you have registered when creating the 2-step verification account.
- Go to Hotmail.com to sign in page and then key in your email address and password correctly in the space provided.
- Click on the sign in option after entering the required details correctly.
- Next, you will be taken to the enter code page. A security code will be sent to your phone number by Microsoft either as a text message or through a phone call.
- Gather this code and enter it in the space provided. There should not be any mistake made while entering the code as this will deny you the authorization to access your Hotmail inbox.
- Finally, click on the Submit button to instantly get access to the inbox.
How to Delete Hotmail Account?
- Step 1: Sign in to your Hotmail account using outlook.com page.
- Step 2: Now visit https://account.microsoft.com/ to manage your Hotmail account settings. Click on the security option on this page. Select the more security options at the bottom of the security page.
- Step 3: You will be taken to the account details page. In this page, click on “close my account” link. At this stage, Microsoft will inform the user all the things they need to do before closing the account. You will need to
- Cancel all your subscriptions: If any subscription is active, the closing of your Hotmail account will get blocked by Microsoft.
- Use all the Skype credit: Before closing the account, it is important that you spend all your Skype credit or your credits will be lost once you close the account.
- Use up account balances: Check the account balances on Microsoft and Xbox and also remove any gift card credits from the account. You will lose any balances when the account gets closed.
- Set up automatic email reply option: Before your account gets deleted and once you mark for deletion, your Hotmail inbox may receive mails and creating an auto reply option will let your contacts know that the account is closed and will inform other ways to contact you.
- Disabling reset protection in Windows devices: If you fail to disable reset protection your Windows Phone could become unusable after the account deletion.
- Step 4: Click next option at the bottom of the page. You will be informed about the consequences closing the account. Go through this before proceeding.
- Step 5: Click on the boxes on terms of deletion. This will confirm Microsoft that you have read the terms of deletion and have accepted it.
The terms of deletion set by Microsoft are:
- The user might lose any account balances and will lose access to subscription services.
- You will lose access to Hotmail, outlook.com and OneDrive.
- Devices using this account won’t work`.
- Contents like music, games, apps, etc., downloaded using this account will not work.
- Loss of access to data which you have stored and which you sign in through this account.
- Devices with reset protection enabled will become unusable.
- Step 6
Finally, you will be asked to provide the reason for deleting the account. Select a reason from the menu provided or click on the option “my reason isn’t included”.
- Step 7
Now click on the mark account in closure box at the bottom of the page. Clicking on this blue button will mark your account for deletion. Microsoft will close your account only after 60 days after you mark the account for closure.
In case you change your mind regarding deletion of the Hotmail account, you can log in to your Hotmail account any time within the next 60 days of marking the account for deletion and click on the cancel option provided.
Hotmail Tips And Tricks
The following are some of the tips and tricks that you probably do not know about Hotmail.
- Recover deleted messages
The deleted email messages from your Hotmail account can be recovered. It can be done manually by going to your inbox and then choosing the options. Look for an advanced privacy settings option and follow the instructions for recovering the deleted messages to get back the incidentally deleted email.
- Sweep feature
The inbox can be cleaned easily using the sweep feature. It will allow you to send all email messages to a specific folder and also provide you the option to automatically choose to delete an email message from a certain sender. You also have the option to schedule automatic cleanups to keep your inbox clutter free.
- Send large attachments using SkyDrive
The new version of Hotmail, the Outlook has integration with SkyDrive. Hence, you can make use of the SkyDrive to send larger files that are more than 25MB and less than 2GB.
- Instant actions
These are little buttons that are seen next to sender names and the subject lines. You can choose to delete, unread, junk by marking the message with just one click and there is no need for you to open the mail to do so. This saves a lot of your time.
Why Hotmail So Special?
Hotmail is a web-based email service offered by the software giant Microsoft. It started its operations in 1996 and was the first service to offer free web-based email service. It was founded by Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia in 1997 and was bought by Microsoft within one year of its operation in 1997. Microsoft acquired Hotmail service for $400 million and launched the free web-based email service as MSN Hotmail. The Hotmail has seen a huge success since its launch and there are millions and millions of users all over the globe using the service every day. It has gone through a lot of transitions and updates. From MSN Hotmail it was rebranded as Windows Live Hotmail and was added as part of the Windows Live suite of products.
- Hotmail is now Outlook
Hotmail was given a major facelift and was launched in October 2011 with a fresh look. It was also offered in 36 different languages. Now, the Windows Live Hotmail is replaced by the Outlook.com and this happened in 2013. Now, with just one Outlook.com account, a user will be able to access all the web-based services offered by Microsoft like Bing, Xbox Live, Windows Live Messenger, Skype, OneDrive, etc. All you need is a username and a password to gain access to your Hotmail account. As it is a free service, you can easily create a Hotmail account for free and then sign in to send and receive emails.
- Hotmail mobile app
The Hotmail mobile applications have also been released by Microsoft for both the Android and the iOS users. The users can access their emails and their Outlook inboxes on their mobile at anytime and anywhere using the mobile app. All that is needed is the data connection on the phone to access the emails. They can also send new messages from their mobile phones. The mobile app has been rebranded as the Outlook mobile app in January 2015.