Today much work has been done on the login security process. As a result, the two step verification process has been introduced. This is an extra layer of security added to the usual login process. The two step verification process requires the users to key in a registered phone number as well as an alternate email address. There are ways of implementing the two step verification process even if one has an existing Hotmail account. The existing users of Hotmail can log onto their account and go their account settings.
Here they can check in the box to activate the two step verification process. However, many users complain that the added step of getting a security code on their phone or at an alternate email address and keying that in usually takes longer. This process if repeated every time one needs to sign into their account, will make it an arduous process to log into the account every time.
For these reasons the single code sign in Hotmail process has been initiated by Microsoft. This is a unique way of securing access to your email by bypassing the keying in of a password. Most hacking activities occur as passwords are easily configured. As a result, this sign code login process has been initiated to allow this process is unique and allows one to forget their password even. The single code login process is done in the following way:
- One needs to check on the option to use the single code option for logging in.
- As the verification code is sent to the phone number registered in one’s email account, one needs to edit the same if a phone number is not saved already in the account settings.
- If the phone number needs to be added, one needs to go to security settings in their email account.
- Once the phone number is registered, one can use the single code login option.
- It is to be noted that the single code login option is not available for all locations. One needs to check the list of locations before one avails of this option.
Once this option is activated, the hotmail login is one’s account becomes easy but more secure. One does not need to key in their password. They will be sent a unique code to their phone every time. This code needs to be entered and then only the login is completed. In this way one can bypass the password remembering process. It is a secure way as only your registered phone will receive the verification code.
Today, if you sign into your Hotmail.com you will probably realize that the domain has changed. Today, when existing Hotmail users type in hotmail.com they are redirected to outxlook.com domain. This is the domain which has been integrated with Hotmail and all existing Hotmail accounts are part of the Outlook domain. As a result, the new users of Outlook as well as the existing users of Hotmail usually login through a single window.